Monday, October 4, 2010

Way over my head.....

As of yesterday, the only two people I have ever texted are Andrew and Mindy. I logged on to Facebook and Twitter for the first time EVER 2 days ago. I have talked to 2 classmates who check there Facebook posts 10-50 times a day. Malcom has his own very cool blog, complete with an artist's rendering of Otterson Hall.

Chris Turl - Thank you very much for your honesty and candidness.

With all of that as prelude I am throwing myself off the cliff. It's more out of fear of being left behind than excitement of what I can do with this stuff. Iam praying that excitement comes though. For now I am going to have to trust that ignorance is not bliss in this case. I remember showing my grandparents how to use a tv remote a few decades ago and their refusal to accept that any such technology could have value.

I'll ask stupid questions for sure....so laugh and then do me the favor of an answer. I would rather look ignorant here than out in the real world after we graduate. Thanks in advance!

2 comments:

  1. That's the spirit! Remember, that is exactly the purpose of this blog. It is an opportunity for you to familiarize yourself with the tools available, make mistakes, and learn from them in an inconsequential environment. That way, if in the future you have to use these tools for a business (where there will be consequences if you make mistakes) you will be comfortable and a pro at using these tools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Terry. Congrats on always pushing yourself into new territories. I'm confident you'll become a technie in no time.

    ReplyDelete