Tuesday, October 5, 2010

New to blogging, but not social media

This is my first blog post ever! I check my facebook and twitter accounts multiple times a day to see what is new, but I have never written a blog. When I use social media, I tend to only write quick little updates no longer than a sentence or two. I feel that is enough to get my message across. I believe there are probably a lot of great blogs out there worth checking out, but I have just never gotten into it, maybe it is because when blogs were first starting to become popular I had this stereotype that bloggers were dorks with a computer and too much time on their hands, probably writing from their parents basement and eating a bag of chips at the same time. With this stereotype in mind, I had no desire to read what these bloggers were writing. After looking over a few blogs the past few days, I have learned that is clearly not the case. I think it is about time I start exploring and experimenting with social media tools such as blogs that I never used in the past.

1 comment:

  1. I started writing blogs since 2004 when I first attended school overseas. All I wrote about in my blog was my everyday life/feelings, and I found it was a great way of keeping in touch with my friends back in China (so that they wouldn't forget me so fast :). I also checked their blogs regularly so I could keep myself updated about where they were and what they were doing.But recently I found the popularity of blog is decreasing somehow, maybe because of the rising of facebook and twitter, people tend to write more short messages rather than longer articles...

    ReplyDelete