Sunday, October 24, 2010

New way of donation in using social media

Hi everyone,
How is your weekend? As many guys know well, I am a very fanatic fan of Oakland Athletics. For sure, I am starting to follow some related news, organization and so on.
Today, I started to follow Craig Breslow, Oakland setup man, who is a founder of the fund for helping children cancer. Just before, he re-tweeted to me and asked me for donation as follows:
Craig Breslow CraigBreslow
Thank u 4 following Kiyoshi! Give my foundation a "Like" on FB http://www.facebook.com/Strike3Foundation if u r interested in learning more

Related to the next class topic, social media has a function of viral marketing. Rather than asking for donation in front of public places, it would be more effective to ask for donation in utilizing social media which is changing donation (charity) strategy.

PS
Craig is truly Craig not the fake, I believe.

1 comment:

  1. It is interesting to think about the implications of making donations public (e.g. sharing them on Facebook). On one hand it might motivate people, since they can show off how charitable they are. On the other hand, it might make them feel like they are doing it for the wrong reasons.

    ReplyDelete