Saturday, October 23, 2010

A new way of getting my news

So before this class, I definitely was not new to social media. I was definitely a big time facebook user (and used twitter for my internship), but I mainly used social media to keep up with friends and family. Ever since creating a personal twitter account for this class though, I have been watching CNN a lot less and hardly ever reading the WSJ on their website anymore. Now, I get most of my news on twitter. I follow various new sources on twitter such as CNN, WSJ, NY Times, etc. It is great because I constantly get updated headlines on my twitter feed, and then I can go directly to articles that interest me from there. I find it to be much more convenient. It is amazing how quickly my habits have changed; what started as a small assignment for class has completely changed the way I get my news!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you are getting value out of these tools. I also find myself visiting news sites less often and getting more information directly through Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still keep thinking that having a smartphone is important to getting the most out of Twitter. I like the idea of having the news come to you and not having to search it out!

    ReplyDelete