Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The key to blogging is connection!

I have been fairly skeptical of blogging. I understand how to use it. I can talk to my audience, I can build relationships, I can sell my product (whether that is an idea, a concept or a physical product). My major issue has been getting to the blog. What drives me to find the blog? What makes me want to share my opinion?

In that light, I have a friend's sister who is a foodie and she blogs about food. Here's a great site that is featuring a contest that drives both participation and content:

http://www.foodbuzz.com/project_food_blog

If this is being done about food, could the same idea work to tap into the passion people have about your product? It might have already been done, but I still thought this was cool. What makes people want to connect with your product (whether its to read or write about it)?

1 comment:

  1. I think that is a pretty interesting approach. Creating a community of like minded bloggers all tackling the same challenge. Not a bad way to create word of mouth.

    ReplyDelete